The Happiness Boys
According to Beattys lecture (pp. 53-63) what constitutes happiness? Does Beatty define happiness in terms that reflect modern American society? Explain your answer by offering specific examples from our world (and quotations from the book) to prove or disprove Beattys lecture.
Consider the following:
1. Which is more difficult? _____likeness _____difference
2. What costs more? _____pleasure _____pain
3. Which is heavier? _____discipline _____freedom
4. What is more exhausting? _____knowing all the answers _____knowing none of the answers
5. What is more comfortable? _____equality _____difference
6. Which creates the greatest problems?_____happiness_____pain
7. Which is weaker? _____strength in numbers _____individual strength
Is happiness the same as fun?
Is happiness the same as keeping busy?
Essay #2 & Essay #3
We have made every reasonable attempt to insure that our web pages are educationally sound and do not contain links to any questionable material or anything that can be deemed in violation of the DSD Acceptable Use Policy.
This page is maintained according to the DSD Internet Publishing Guidelines
by FFJH Webmasters.
©2001 Mike Thompson - All rights reserved.
Last update: 01/09/2001 *<%^)